Advertisement

A scary day

Approximately 12.15am on 22 Sept 08, Monday, while me and my girlfriend was crossing the road to McDonalds for our late late dinner, something unexpected happened.

For those who got the first hand news, yes, a errant and apparently drunk cab driver tried to beat the red light and knocked down my girlfriend while I narrowly escaped unharmed.

My heart stopped for awhile as I witnessed the whole damn thing happened... The next thing I did was holding my dear's hand and checked if she's alright and conscious. Thereafter, I proceeded to stop the driver and pulled him out of the cab. Heated words exchanged though the obvious fault lies with the driver. Why?

- We were crossing when the green man was up
- he was drunk apparently
- Many witnesses were nearby too

Minutes passed so slowly as I waited for the police and ambulance to arrive at the scene. Thankfully the cab wasn't driving at a very fast speed when it knocked down my girl. While the cabbie tried to deny all faults, I spurted angry words / vulgarities at him till passerby have to stop me from actually going physical on the uncle.

Shortly after the authorities arrived, I followed the ambulance to the hospital. By this time it's almost 1am.

After some check-ups and x-ray, my dear was diagnosed with a fractured wrist. Her poor wrist was swollen and my heart was shattering every moment of that night. Luckily, other than additional cuts and bruises, no other serious injuries.

After making payment, we went QiJi at CGH for our late late dinner cum breakfast. My dear was enjoying the treatment I'm giving her as her master hand was in a cast and I have to feed her haha. We lodged a police report at CGH and sent her home to rest (Note: her parents do not know about the accident yet)

So I sent Ah Wen home and told her parents what happened, some nagging and cursing followed hehe... Stayed for a little while and went home as I was real exhausted from the running about and my tired heart which was beating at a world record speed for the last few hours.

Reached home about 4am with my body and mind about to crumble from the ordeal. Tried to get some rest after much nagging from many many people.. Unfortunately the minute I close my eyes, the incident repeated itself in my mind (God damn, mind is really a amazing asshole). Rolled over in my bed repeated till morning 8am-ish, when I finally decided to drink my cough syrup to knock myself out for the day....

Didnt get much rest either, or maybe my body / mind was overworked... Couldnt recover by Tuesday morning (TODAY) and gotta extend my unpaid leave for more rest.. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused. If I can choose, I will stay with dear for the whole 6 weeks, unpaid or what, it doesnt matter... but I guess that can never happen as she will nag me to death!

Anyway, I would like to take this chance to thank all the kind souls who stopped and helped in some ways when the accident happened, and also to the people who are very concerned about us (Dont worry! We are fine ok?)

 

0 Responses to A scary day

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

-=Akatsuki=-

-=Akatsuki=-